Hackers can use a hacked Facebook account in several different ways. Facebook’s automatic login allows them to access sites connected to this social network. Spammers also try to access your followers by hacking your Facebook. A hacker can steal the personal information he needs from your profile and can do illegal things with your identity. In this article on Spy Family we are going to know how to check Facebook hack or not.
How to check Facebook hack or not?
There is a simple way to check the account. Click on the arrow on the top right. In the opened menu, go to settings and select Security and Login and then select Where You’re Logged In. Here you can see a list of devices with which you have logged in to Facebook. Also, the login location will be specified in this section.
In the meantime, if you see a login that is unknown to you, it is possible that you have been hacked. If you see a suspicious item, click on Not You? After doing this, select Secure Account and follow the steps to secure your Facebook account.
How to check Facebook hack or not? Also, there are other signs that indicate that you have been hacked.
- Your name, date of birth, email or password has changed.
- Friend requests are sent to people you don’t know.
- Messages from your account are sent to others that you are not the author of.
- In the timeline, you see posts that are not yours.
Use third party tools to check Facebook hack or not
In addition to Facebook tools, you can use a third-party website to find out if you’ve been hacked. The website: “Have I Been Pwned” allows you to enter your email address or account and see if you have been hacked. If you have, this site will tell you which of your accounts have been hacked and where it happened. In addition, you can enter your information and receive a warning message if you are hacked in the future.
How to protect Facebook from being hacked?
After we explained how to check Facebook hack or not, to increase the security of this social network, go to Settings > Security and Login > Setting Up Extra Security. From here, do the following:
- Turn on login alerts to be notified whenever someone logs into your account. This feature allows you to stop the hacker before serious damage is done.
- Turn on two-step authentication and select an additional layer of security from the list provided.
- Choose a few trusted contacts to help you in case you get hacked and need to unlock your account.
With these simple tasks, the security of your Facebook account will increase many times, and certainly the work of hackers will become more difficult.
How to protect your Facebook account from being hacked?
With the advancement of technology and the access of hackers, protecting the space of Facebook is a little more complicated to answer the question of How to check Facebook hack or not? There are many ways to prevent penetration. You can protect your Facebook account from being hacked by following these steps:
- Do not click on suspicious links.
- Beware of phishing messages and emails.
- Avoid saving login information on smartphones and browsers.
- Use a combination of special letters and numbers to create your password.
- Do not publish sensitive information such as phone numbers and email addresses publicly on Facebook.
- Do not allow untrusted apps or websites to access your login information.
- Avoid using Facebook on public networks and shared computers. Do not share your login information with third parties.
- Use Facebook’s two-step authentication on your account.
- Never share the password reset link with a third party.
Adjust your Facebook privacy settings on your pictures, posts, and all your activity, because hiding these things can keep your privacy intact. By doing the following methods, you can easily prevent the access and penetration of hackers and easily stand in front of hackers.
Phishing and social engineering
One of the best ways for hackers to gain access to your user account is to use phishing. If you publish your phone number or email address publicly on your Facebook profile, you are vulnerable to phishing attacks. Social engineering often accompanies this type of attack, and phishing occurs when a fake link is sent to the victim.
For example, hackers can send a message to the victim to log into their Facebook account via a link provided for security purposes or retrieve a message. By clicking on the link and entering the username and password, the attacker obtains this information. If the victim does not notice the hacker’s intrusion in time, the attacker can log into his account.
The hacker changes the compromised user’s login information and profile and can also request a new password on your behalf. Unfortunately, many Facebook users fall victim to this trap and find out when they have lost access to their Facebook accounts.
Hiding personal contact information such as phone numbers and email addresses from people can be a preventive and effective measure; So, be careful about the type of messages, texts, emails and calls you receive. Answer them officially and don’t click on suspicious links that look strange or malicious. Be careful not to share them and enter login information with third-party apps or your own websites.
To sum up
Facebook offers you some tools by which you can find out if you have been hacked or not. If you use these tools as well as the third-party website that we introduced to you, you can quickly find out if your Facebook account has been hacked or not. In this post on Spy family we have talked about how to check Facebook hack or not.